// Sweet Things Handmade

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Heart Shaped Crayons



I saw this adorable idea on Pinterest and  need a easy Valentine gift for my primary boy and girls for valentines day. There were lots of versions so I decided to link to just Pinterest that showed all the versions.



I found it easiest to use a knife to slice and get the paper off in one piece. Then for there I just broke the pieces in to 4 or 5 pieces. I was able to find a heart mold at Walmart in the valentine section for $3.50. It worked just perfectly. I bought the big pack of crayons from the dollar store.  The temp that I ended using was a 300 degree oven for 20 min.Your crayons will be melted. Carefully take out of ove so you do not mix the colors.




Have fun with this is very easy. Wishing all my readers a SWEET and 
Happy Valentines Day!!! Hugs


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. So, so cute! Where did you get those cup? I am going to have to try making these! I remember Jeannie's hearts too! Both are adorable. Your kids will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are fantastic Arlana, what a great gift for the children I bet they loved them
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Arlana
    Brigitte have give me your "hello" message!
    thanks for your kindness !
    hope you are fine!
    love your poject and all those bright colors
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete